We welcome proposals for Garnet Publishing from agents and individuals. However, we will regretfully decline any submissions not accompanied with a properly formatted proposal. If you have a project that you believe would fit in with our profile, please send us the following as an attachment to an email you send to ArashHejazi@garnetpublishing.co.uk. Please do not submit complete manuscripts unless we specifically request them. Unsolicited manuscripts will not be returned.
We are actively seeking authors who are either from the Middle East or write on a subject matter relevant to the Middle East; be it fiction or nonfiction. Please include the following in your submission, and also you can have a look at our blog posts on submissions:
A proposal explaining the book's subject, length and potential market
- Your full contact details
- Why does a book need to be published on this topic?
- Why are you fit to write this book?
- How will it differ from others in the field?
- What is the competition for this title?
- How does it fit in with Garnet Publishing's profile?
- What is the market for this book? Please explain the primary and secondary markets and provide us with figures on the market size.
- What is the intended date of completion?
- What is the estimated length of the work (including notes, bibliography and appendices - if applicable)?
- How will you be able to help us promote this title?
- Promotional blurb
- Table of Contents
- Two sample chapters
Your CV and background
- Previous publications
- Your relevant qualifications
- If the book is an edited collection, please provide names and affiliations for every contributor